Monday, May 18, 2009

Because I forget.

There are a few sweet little things Katelee has been doing lately that I don't want to forget.

She loves to chair dance while in the car.  We got some kid CD's that we put on while driving; her favorite song by far is 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.'  Whenever it comes on we turn it up and she boogies her little heart out (as much as is possible while strapped into a car seat) and sings along.  I love it!

Whenever she wants something these days, she tells us by putting the words "I wish, I wish..." right before it.  For example, "I wish, I wish we could have macaroni and cheese for lunch."  "I wish, I wish I could wear my princess dress to bed."  "I wish, I wish we had a puppy."  You get the  idea.  We think it's very cute!

She is very fascinated with doing tricks with her toes.  For example, she will hold her little baby toe and make it cross over the toe next to it.  Then she'll shout, "Mom!  Mom!  Come look!" She really does do this a lot ... it's pretty funny the things that interest her.

We have to play hide and seek first thing every morning.  If I enter her room before she has had time to hide, I have to leave again so she can hide first.  She always hides in the same place:  under her pillow.  (She is still in a crib, so her options are limited.)  I love walking into her room and seeing her little tummy and feet and toes poking out from under her pillow.  Usually I can see her hair sprawled out, too.  But the pillow effectively covers her head, so she feels completely hidden.  She then giggles while I search her whole room routinely, finally finding her under her pillow - to my great astonishment.  She thinks this game is hilarious.  I'm glad such simple things make her so happy.

She could play "I Spy" for EVER.

She likes to sing songs.  Lately she loves, "Mary Had a Little Lamb."  This is how she thinks it goes: "Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white and gold."  Makes me laugh every time.  Tonight as we were singing our Family Home Evening song, "Families Can Be Together Forever," she was singing out loud and clear.  In fact I was so surprised that she was singing so well that I kind of stopped singing to listen to her, just in time to hear, "Families can be together in PARIS!"  I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes.  (Together in Paris - a phrase they use in the movie Anastasia, one of her favorites.)  She likes me to sing a familiar song with one word changed or wrong.  For example, I might sing, "Twinkle, twinkle little car."  Then she laughs hysterically and shows me the right way to sing it.  So simple, yet so entertaining.  :) Lately, she makes up her own songs.  Yesterday while sitting on the toilet, I overheard her sing, "Five little monkeys singing all day long, happy are we, happy are we.  The alligator didn't eat us, happy are we, happy are we!"  Ah, the joy kids provide.

She loves to take her dolls for an outside walk in their stroller.  And, of course, she has to dress up in order to do that.  Love it!  Especially the shoes!

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet moments...they go by quickly it is great you are writing them down. She is so adorable. I just read that you sold your house...cherish your last month. Enjoy your time in the neighborhood with out the weight of worry. That really is awesome that you sold. Be happy for the new owners...they'll be in an amazing neighborhood. Take each day as it comes and don't let the unknown pull you down...p.s. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! So glad you had a great day. Lots of love, Amy

    ReplyDelete