Saturday, May 23, 2009

FRAMED!

Have I mentioned before that I have the handiest husband ever?  Well, I do.  And it's great.  We save lots of money with his handiness.  For example, last October I bought my first ever 'real' paintings for my home.  I adore them!  I have always wanted some real art to hang in my house.  They really aren't the greatest art ever...just some pictures painted by some unknown student artist.  But I still love them.  I like the textures and they match my house really well.  

Well, to make a long story short, we discovered that to have these babies custom framed was going to cost MORE than the paintings themselves.  Yeah, right.  So we hung them frameless.  Poor things.  This is how they've looked on my wall for the past 8 months.


So, for Mother's Day, Gerald MADE me frames for these paintings.  (With a little help from our oh-so-nice neighbor Jeremy.  Thanks Jeremy!)  Isn't he amazing?  But you want to know the best part?  He bought the supplies for $20 per frame!  WoW!  That just saved us hundreds of dollars.  

(Katelee HAD to be in this picture.)
I think they look absolutely amazing! Thank you so much, babe!

2 comments:

  1. I never thought they looked bad unframed, but when you see them framed they look really good!! Good job Gerald!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Gerald! I love them Jenn! They look great!

    ReplyDelete