Monday, May 25, 2009

Denver

We have been in Denver now for a couple of days. This trip has been very good for me. Knowing what I'm getting myself into has relieved a lot of the stress I was feeling about the move. The last couple of days have definitely been informative, fun, interesting, eye-opening, (at times) confusing, and exciting.

Since we have been here, we have visited and toured seven apartment complexes. We have found one that we think is 'The One.' We will go back on Tuesday to sign all the papers if we still feel good about it. I am really happy with it; it is a nice little neighborhood and the complex has an amazing park and a pool. Hooray!

Yesterday we went to church. It is crazy to me that in the time we have spent driving all over residential suburbs of Denver, we had never once seen an LDS chapel. I guess this definitely isn't Utah anymore. :) From our Lehi neighhborhood you can see something like six LDS churches... Anyway, we found one online and got driving directions. We left plenty early, but the directions were bad and we got a little lost. We showed up late, but still enjoyed the ward. Katelee especially had fun at nursery. I love how easily she makes new friends!

Today we are heading downtown for some fun. If the weather is good we are going to take in a Rockies game, amongst other things. We'll post pictures when we get home!

And, of course, Katelee's favorite part so far? Swimming in the hotel pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment