Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mom

I have the greatest mom ever.

I love her so much.

In case you aren't privileged to know my mom (or even if you do), here are a few things that make her so great.

She is fun!  I had a wonderful childhood full of pretend and play and happiness, largely thanks to her.

She shared with me her love of books and reading, which is still one of my greatest joys.

She's there when you need her; you know she'll help you out.  She's always dependable.

She listens.

She has a green thumb and always made our yard look beautiful.

She has the most ticklish feet ever, something both me and Katelee inherited from her!

She is beautiful!  Growing up, people always asked me if she was my big sister because she was so skinny and stylish and beautiful.  Even now people make that mistake.  I think it's great that she looks like my big sister!

She has a lot of faith and has taught me to be strong during trials.

She loves beauty and always created crafts and art to make our homes look nice.

She serves those around her selflessly.  She taught me the joy of serving others by giving me memorable opportunities to serve while growing up.

She is an amazing grandma to Katelee and Katelee adores her.

She makes the best pork chops, spaghetti, and caramel popcorn in the world. (Amongst other things; these are just my personal favorites!)

She is a school librarian and always has the coolest, funnest, most welcoming library possible!

She loves scary movies and mystery stories.

Whenever I am sick, all I want is to talk to my mom.  Usually I cry.  She's a great nurturer.

She has lots of compassion for others.

She always has pretty finger and toe nails.

She has always been active in the church and has been a great example to me in the gospel.

I could go on and on for so much longer, but then I would be late for church.  Hopefully you get the point that my mom is amazing!  

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  I love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. You do have an amazing mom. I love your mom too cuz she is so wonderful. She has always been a wonderful aunt to all of us. Happy mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mom is the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for. And you are the best wife and mother to our daughter that anyone could ask for. I hope you had a good Mother's Day!

    Love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful mother is one of my favorite people in the entire world.
    Love,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete