Thursday, May 7, 2009

Piano

I love teaching.  I really do.  It is one thing that I get really passionate about, no matter what I am teaching.  This is one reason that I have really enjoyed doing piano lessons.

I am really sad to leave my students behind.  About half of these students have been with me from the very beginning of my piano teaching career, which is almost three years now.  I have seen these kids really progress from "Merrily We Roll Along" to the point where all types of musical windows are beginning open up before them!  

And I love these kids!  They will really be missed.

These pictures are from my piano recitals last week.  I had half the students come on Thursday, April 30 and the other half come on Friday, May 1.  This way each recital lasted about an hour,  with refreshments and visiting held after.  It was perfect.  Having it all together on one night would have been just too long!

I always have a theme at my piano recitals.  This recital was my first 'costume' recital.  The students were assigned to wear or bring one thing that represented their song.  It was so fun!  I loved seeing their creative things they chose to wear or bring.

Here is a picture of the Thursday night group.
(Back row: Haley H., Dawson, Darin, Braden, Savannah, me, Camille, Alyson, Meghan, Blaze and Franki Jo.  In front: Hailey C., Brinn, Kylee, and Taylor S.)

Here is the Friday night group.
(In the back: Cammie, Hailey M., Karlee, me, Josh S., Rebecca, Nicholas, Dallin, Josh G., In the middle: Karlee, Allie, Harrison, Carson, In the front: Lia, Katelee, Jaxon, Taylor, Madison.)

They all did so well, as always!  Sad to think that this was my last recital with these kids.  But I will continue to teach again when I move to Denver and I also look forward to meeting my new students there!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a grand time!
    I love that you have themed recitals. I still wish I would have learned a few things from you, before you decided to move. :) Good work Jenn!

    ReplyDelete