Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SOLD!


So, our house is officially under contract!

I feel like I've seriously gone through the stages of mourning about this.  I don't mean to offend anyone who has gone through real mourning; I know that what I'm feeling for my house and for this period of my life is very superficial in comparison to losing a loved one.  But I have had a difficult few days of it.  We decided Saturday night to take the offer.  The new owners want to move in towards the end of June, which is quite a bit sooner than I wanted to move, which made it much, MUCH harder for me to accept.  For awhile I was in denial, trying to pretend that it hadn't happened.  Then I got angry.  Really, really angry.  I was illogically and inexplicably angry at the innocent people buying our house.  Why couldn't they wait to move until August?  I began imagining them living in my house, and I would just get angrier and angrier.  (By the way, I'm sure they are very nice people!  This is just the way I was feeling!)  Then I just got sad.  I cried all the next day at the drop of a hat.  I was so sad to be leaving my house.  And now I have finally come to terms with the whole thing.  I can actually see what a blessing it is, like everyone has been telling me for a couple of days.  I do wish we could stay here until the end of July or beginning of August.  I am extremely stressed out about working out the details of that in-between time.  But it will all work out and at least we sold our house.  We got the full asking price, too, which is really amazing.  I have accepted the inevitable, and am learning to be happy about it.

6 comments:

  1. Boo! Yay! I'm going to miss you and your family, but I'm happy for you. It's awesome that you got your full asking price. I wish you could stay longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on selling your house so fast! Too bad it is so bittersweet. You guys will be much missed, but you are on to a fun new adventure and it will become your new home that you will come to love, i am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, your cakes are AMAZING!! That is such an awesome talent! They are beautiful...you are going do wonderful at this business!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit this is a bitter sweet post. I am glad that you were able to sell your house so quickly and at full market value. I am very jealous though. We have had to drop our price about 20,000 and we are still having a hard time selling!!! Good luck though on this new adventure. We have found an apartment in Orem that we are moving in the end of May, so we will have to get together during June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I'm sure that is really hard, though. We haven't had to go through any of the buying/selling agony yet (hooray for rentals!), but I'd imagine it would be especially hard with your first house.

    By the way, your birthday cake was BEAUTIFUL! And your aprons are amazing (I actually used mine yesterday and thought of you - thank you!!), and you've inspired me to think about pulling my sewing machine out to make beanbags. No commitment there, though. :)

    Katelee is so funny. I love her "I wish, I wish...". I think I would double over laughing if I ever heard one of my boys say that. They'd probably get whatever they wanted. Good thing they haven't figured that out yet.

    ReplyDelete