Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ten Things I Learned While in Denver

10. Denver is full of wild rabbits. We seriously saw bunny rabbits almost everywhere we went, even downtown. In fact, outside the door of the apartment we leased we saw a rabbit and several squirrels. It was very exciting for Katelee!

9. Graduate school is expensive, and there are no grants available unless you are getting your graduate degree in education. None. Bummer.

8. Even though Denver is supposedly about five times the size of SLC, it doesn't feel like it. It's very spread out, but even downtown doesn't feel that big. I like that.

7. If you look at too many apartments they all start to run together in your mind and then they turn your brain to mush.

6. We have seen about 80 Targets while driving around Denver suburbs, but not a single Wal-Mart. I think I'm in love with this place. ;) We also saw a ton of stores called 'King Soopers.' At first I thought this was a sports store. I don't know why. But once I started seeing them everywhere I began to wonder, and soon discovered that this is a grocery store.

5. University of Colorado, Denver shares it's campus with two other schools. Weird.

4. Most people here are very friendly and helpful.

3. The 'baby blue colorado skies' and the claim that 'the skies are not cloudy all day,' are not necessarily true. At least not all the time. It has been cloudy, overcast, and raining the entire time we have been here.

2. I love the street/address numbering system of Salt Lake and Utah Counties. I simply cannot understand why every city in the world doesn't adopt the same system. It is so logical!

1. Things are going to be okay. Sometimes change is good.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure for your family! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a good place to live. I'm even happier for you that there are targets a-plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it rained the whole time you were there! But it sounds like you like it which I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete