Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fun with Bean Bags

The other day we were bored and decided we needed a project.  I should have cleaned my kitchen or done Katelee's hair.  But, as you can see, I didn't.  Hopefully you can see parts of her face in these pictures.  So, feeling like we needed something to do, I suggested we make Katelee some bean bags out of my scrap material.

Here we are making the bean bags.  Katelee's jobs were: choose the two materials that would make up the bean bag, fill the bean bag with beans after I had sewed three of the sides, spill lots and lots of beans on the floor, and stir the beans while I sewed up the fourth side.  FUN!  She did an awesome job!

Admiring the finished bean bags.  Aren't they cool?  I love how there are not two that are alike; they are all unique and colorful and funky.  Katelee LOVES them. 

Playing with the bean bags.  We have had them now for a few days, and we have played:
make a basket by throwing the bean bags into a bowl,
throw the bean bags up the stairs and try to get one on each stair,
hide the beans bags and go on a bean bag hunt,

choose one bean bag, study it, and then mix it amongst the rest.  One person has to find the right one, 

and, of course, catch.  (I call it Hot Potato but catch is what it basically boils down to.  Get it?  Hot Potato?  Boils down to?  Hee hee!  That was a Gerald joke!)  ;)

We are running out of ideas for games to play with our bean bags.  I know there must be tons of great ideas out there - anyone have any suggestions for another great bean bag game?

1 comment:

  1. With our family it would quickly go to "bean bag wars" with all the kids and chase throwing them at eachother. It's a really cute project idea, i think I need to remember it for after Brad starts school this next year to help entertain Bekah.

    ReplyDelete