Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Birthday Acrostic Poem

B - Banner!  My friend Tiffany and her son Jake drew me a beautiful Happy Birthday banner that they hung on my garage.  It was so sweet!

I - Indulge! I indulged myself this year by making myself a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate fondant!  (Gerald insisted I didn't have to make my own cake, but I really wanted to!)  Here is how it turned out.  It was sooooo yummy!  


R - Romance! Gerald was so sweet this year on my birthday!  He bought me a romantic movie (Pride and Prejudice) and gave me a pot of purple Calla Lilies, the flowers we had at our wedding.  It was so incredibly thoughtful of him!  He spoiled me with other gifts as well.  Thanks, honey! 
Also in this picture you can see the Cinderalla card that Katelee chose 
and colored for me.  
So sweet!

T - Telephone calls!  My family all called me on my birthday, as well as many friends.  This is one of my favorite things about a birthday, the opportunity to talk to my loved ones.  My mom and dad even sang a silly song to my answering machine!  ;)  Thanks, guys, it made me laugh! I also had friends I haven't seen in years remember my birthday and call.  Wow, Michelle, I can NOT believe you remembered the date of my birthday...I have a hard enough time remember the birthdays of my immediate family.  Sorry I haven't returned your call yet, but it made my day.  THANKS!

H - Happiness - It was great to spend time with friends and family.  Some of our neighbors and friends came over to share some birthday cake with us that evening.  It was one of my favorite parts of the day!  While they were over visiting, Katelee stuck a sticker in the middle of baby Gracie's head.  Sorry Grace!  But it sure gave us a laugh!  Thanks for being such wonderful friends.


D - Delicious food!  I already told you about the cake, but Gerald also took me to dinner at Los Hermanos, one of my favorite restaurants.  I ate too much, but it was great!  Some of my friends also brought over some treats.  Thanks so much, everyone!

A - Apron - I made myself my own gift. Is that silly? I've been wanting to make myself an apron, so I did. Here is how it turned out. It's a little more pink and frilly than I had expected, but I still like it!
Y - Yell!  Sunday evening when we got together with the Reynolds family for Mother's Day, they all jumped out and yelled "surprise" when we walked into the room.  They had planned a surprise birthday party for me in conjunction with our Mother's Day dinner.  I was certainly surprised!  It was very nice of them to go to all that work for me! 

Wow, this year was such a great birthday, one of the best ever.  I feel so spoiled and so loved.  Thank you to everyone who helped me feel that way!  I love you all.

And now for the grand finale: Here is a video of Katelee singing to me!

6 comments:

  1. Happy late Birthday!! So glad you had such a good one! Your cake looks awesome and so yummy too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! That cake and apron are amazing--you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Like Lindsey said you definitely are a very talented person. Do you have a pattern you are using for your aprons or are you just making them up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve it Jenn! You're the best! I hope you had a grand birthday! Your cake was awesome, not to mention delicious! And, I totally think the apron fits you perfectly. :) Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Jennifer! It looks like it was a fabulous day! I am AMAZED at your cake!

    ReplyDelete